Socket Mobile respects your privacy and is committed to its protection. We’ve structured our website so that you can visit the Socket Mobile website www.socketmobile.com and our affiliated web-based Socket Stores without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Personal Information is any information related to a natural person that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person.
Such information includes a name, a photo, an email address, a personal address, bank or credit card details, or online identifiers such as a cookie ID or an IP address. We only request the minimum personal information needed to support your relationship with us and we only accept and use that information with your express permission. We do not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others. We do not provide your personal information to others except to selected third-party processors who assist us in fulfilling your requests, such as shipping of product or processing of payment, and who are committed to protecting your personal information.
Upon your request, by filling out our Personal Information Request Form at https://www.socketmobile.com/personal-info-request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data in electronic format at no charge and/or will anonymize any personal information you’ve provided to us (right to be forgotten) but will retain non-personal information. We may delay anonymization of personal information while a related transaction you authorized with the personal information is pending.
Examples of personal information we collect are as follows:
• When you order products from our web stores, we request your shipping information so we know where to ship the products and we request credit card or PayPal information for you to pay for the products you’ve ordered.
• When you return products to us for replacement or repair, we request shipping information so we know where to return the replaced or repaired products and we request credit card information for you to pay for the replacement or repair if not covered under warranty.
• When you sign up for newsletters or other information that we distribute by email, we request contact information including name, address or email address, so we know where to send the requested information.
• When you register as a developer to use our software developer kit with your software applications, we request contact information including name, address, email address and phone number so we know where to send the requested and future developer related information.
We request credit card or other financial information to enable you to pay a small initial administrative fee. We may also ask for additional information about your areas of interest as a developer including the markets you are addressing with your applications to enable us to be responsive to your needs as a developer.
• When you receive products from us as a customer, you are directed to a Companion Application downloaded from your platform App store to assist in starting up and using the product. The Companion Application also requests you provide information on where you purchased the product and the application used with the product. We retrieve the Bluetooth MAC address from the product to validate the product warranty.
• We may collect personal information at trade shows for follow up after completion of the show.
• We maintain contact information from our vendors who supply us with inventory components or services.
• We obtain names and addresses of non-objecting shareholders from time to time to assist us in identifying and communicating with our shareholders.
Personal information about children under the age of 16 requires parental consent. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and we do not target our website to children under 16.
Third party processors are engaged by us for processing certain transactions such as fulfilling your orders for products that are ordered through our web stores or processing your credit card if a payment for product purchases or services is required. We transfer personal information to third party processors sufficient to carry out the service provided by the processor such as fulfillment of your order. We confirm with each third-party processor that they maintain confidentiality of your personal information and provide at least the same level of protection of your personal information as we do.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information. We only process personal information when we have obtained clear affirmative consent from the person to use the personal information to accomplish a stated purpose such as supplying a product or providing a service that requires the use of personal information, or to fulfill a contractual obligation. In each case, we request consent to be freely given, to be specific to accomplishing a specified task, to be informed by describing the limited use of the personal information, and to be unambiguous as relating to a specific task.
Breach of Personal Information. We protect our systems and data from unauthorized access, accidental or unlawful processing, loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure of personal information through a combination of firewalls, security monitoring systems, data encryption and access controls. Should we become aware of an unauthorized breach of personal information, we shall identify the affected data records and notify the affected personnel within 72 hours of detection. Our third-party processors are required to notify us in the event they detect unauthorized access to your personal information.
We value your comments and opinion. If you have questions or comments about our privacy statement, please contact us by filling out our Personal Information Request Form at https://www.socketmobile.com/personal-info-request.